Salford School is a Decile 8, contributing school with a roll of 215 of which:
The school is valued as an important place within the wider community. Many community groups provide activities and sporting opportunities for our children, which are a valuable extension of our school and demonstrates the partnership that exists with the community and school.
We aim to provide a happy and secure learning environment in which every child receives a balanced education, and is encouraged to develop to their full potential.
Numeracy, Literacy, Inquiry Learning, key competencies, positive values and attitudes, are seen as pivotal in developing children's desire and skills to become lifelong learners.
To be a community of learners, empowering our student learners to achieve excellence and make a positive difference to their lives and the lives of others
“Kia whakawhanake he haapori aakonga, kit e whakamana o taatou aakonga, kia hiring tutuki hei mahi he rerekeetanga takatika ki oo raatou ake ornanga me ngaa orange o te Aao Whaanui”
We will achieve this vision by:
1. Teacher Inquiry – providing an essential component in ongoing learning and development
2. Social Action – using the new knowledge to improve their own lives and the lives of others
3. Evidence – informing all decisions and actions
4. Reflection – an essential part of all processes and practice
5. Celebration – recognizing and acknowledging achievement and success
6. Consistency – in all aspects of practice, behaviour and expectations
Values and Beliefs
1. Positive relationships, focused on learning
2. High standards and expectations of teaching and learning, especially in Literacy and Numeracy
3. A love for learning
4. The development of well rounded, caring individuals
5. A respect for the environment
7. A sense of community
8. Equipped to succeed in a changing technological world